Welcome to the 2020 OHALAH conference!
- Pre-Conference Shabbaton led by ALEPH Ordination Students is Friday, January 10, 2020, 4:00 pm
through Sunday, January 12, 2020 noon
- Smicha Ceremony is Sunday, January 12, 2020 at 3:00 pm; doors open at 2:30 pm
- OHALAH Conference is Sunday, January 12, 2020, 6:30 pm through Wednesday, January 15, 2020, 11:00 pm
- Nava Tehila Concert (open to public) is Sunday, January 12, 2020, at 8:00 pm
“I will remember my covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature (Genesis 9:15).” “And Elohim heard their cry and remembered the covenant with Avraham, Yitzhak and Ya’akov (Exodus 2:24).” Just as cries of the Hebrew slaves stirred the memory of G!d’s covenant with our ancestors, how shall we live into the Covenant that followed the Great Flood in this time of turmoil and critical environmental distress? How do we understand our covenantal relationship with the Earth and all her creatures, with all people around the planet, and with the G!d Stream, the Shefa, that flows through each of us? How can we activate our 2020 vision to penetrate a paralyzing darkness and reveal the light of hopeful action? Together we will explore our covenantal relationships, our dreams, and our call to serve.
Our keynotes for the 2020 conference are Rabbi Ruth Gan Kagan and Nava Tehila. They will be joined by Scholar-in-Residence Rabbi David Seidenberg and Prophet-in-Residence Rabbi Arthur Waskow.
SAVE THE DATE:
- 2021 CONFERENCE: Shabbaton, Jan 8-10; Smicha ceremony, Jan 10; Conference, Jan 10 - Weds Jan 13, 2021