Please Take Good Care of Yourself and the Rest of Us!
Reminders from the Shabbaton Committee
Bruchim Habaim! Welcome! We are thrilled you are all here! We have a few recommendations to help all of us enjoy our time together.
- Sniff! Please don’t use any scented products while at the Shabbaton and Conference. Some of us are highly allergic to scents of any kind, including perfumes, natural oils and essences, and body washing products. We understand that many in our hevre enjoy welcoming Shabbat with the scent of eternity; please make sure that it is a virtual (and hence virtuous) scent only!
- Elevation! If you are flying to Colorado, start hydrating before you leave home. A good rule of thumb: Drink 8 ounces of water for every hour that you are on the plane. Broomfield is a mile-high (just like Denver). Please drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. The Omni has humidifiers and other ways to help you adjust to the altitude. Please ask at the front desk.
- Achoo! It’s flu and cold season! Please sneeze and cough into your sleeves and wash your hands frequently
- Zzzz...Get lots of rest and sleep. There is so much going on, so much you’ll want to do, but please listen to your bodies and take time out to rest when you need to.
- Aaah. If you find the need to work out, be pampered, or take a swim, do make use of the workout room, heated pool, or make an appointment with the spa. Use of the fitness center is complimentary and we receive a 20% discount at the Hotel’s Mokara Spa for services during the conference dates.
- Ring...ring...Please remember to turn off your cell phones, set them on “vibrate” or “do not disturb” before entering davenen, workshops and plenary sessions.
- Timeliness is next to…All sessions—pleary, workshop and davenen, will begin on time. Be respectful of the offerings and arrive early/on time.