Call for Proposals: 2021 Conference
Completed proposals must be received by November 30, 2020
For so many reasons, this will not be the same OHALAH Conference you’ve experienced before.
We are living in unprecedented times that cry out for new Torah!
How does the Torah of your life—your scholarship, your heartbreak, your deepest Torah learning—speak to this moment?
We are seeking proposals on topics that pick up where Reb Zalman left off:
- The collapse of patriarchy and rising forms of belonging
- Climate chaos, earth advocacy, sacred environmentalism
- Collective trauma, cellular memory, and healing modalities
- Plant medicine and altered states
- Emergent and fluid gender identities
- Race, identity, white supremacy, and hyper-nationalism
- Philosophy of faith for post-truth times
- Sacred technology and social media.
Preference will be given to these topics and/or people living and wrestling with these ideas and identities.
Dream big! Take us deeper and higher! Let’s co-create an online conference space that can be a sacred laboratory, a digital playground, to co-inhabit a future that is coming fast.
Individual Sessions may include:
- Workshops, which may include experiential, didactic, text study, etc.
- Davvenen - Group leadership is encouraged!
- Book talks
- New music/CD release sessions
- New performances
- Meetings (eg. Cantors’ breakfast, RWB reunion, Chaplains’ breakfast, Israel Trip, DLTI Reunions, Rabbinic Pastors, Fire Pit, Tikkun Olam Committee, RP Students, Aleph Network Communities, Reb Zalman Legacy Space , ALEPH/OHALAH Joint Task Force, Friends of Bill, etc.)
The deadline for proposals was November 30, 2020